skip to Main Content

Closed School Discharge

Who It’s For: Students whose school closed down while they were still/recently attending, keeping you from completing your course of study.

How to Apply: Fill out the closed school discharge form and send it to your loan servicer.

What Loans Qualify: Any federal loan.

How Much?: The full remaining balance of federal loans used for that course of study.

Anything Else I Should Know?:  Please note that if you will not qualify for this if you were no longer attending within 120 days of school closure, or if you completed the course of study (even without a diploma), or if you transferred the credits to another school to complete your course of study there.  You can find more information about this discharge here.