skip to Main Content

Forgery Discharge

Who It’s For: Borrowers whose signature was forged or their personal information was used without permission resulting in a loan fraudulently made in their name.

How to Apply: Fill out the forgery discharge application and send it to your servicer. You may also need to send in multiple official forms of I.D. complete with your signature, to prove that the signature on the application in question is false. You may also need to provide financial statements to prove you did not use loan funds to pay for your education.

What Loans Qualify: Federal loans in the Direct loan program, Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP), or Perkins Loans.

How Much?: Up to the full amount fraudulently taken out in your name.