skip to Main Content

Unpaid Refund Discharge

If you withdrew from school before completing 60% of the academic year or loan period, the school may have been required to return all or a portion of your loan to the loan holder. Note that you would have generally had to conform to the schools written withdrawal policy which usually means submitting your withdrawal intentions in writing. Also note, that the schools refund policy likely does not match the federal refund policy, so even if they return a portion of your loan, you still may owe the school directly for non-refunded tuition and fees. All schools post their refund policies on their websites, so be sure to review those thoroughly. If you feel you should have had a portion of your loan refunded to the loan holder, submit this form to your servicer. This discharge can take several months to research, but you will usually hear back within 60 days.